Azna & Azna Ltd
Azna & Azna Ltd is a LPG Bottling Company, headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The Company is a Public limited company which was registered with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies & firms on February 5, 2015 under the companies Act 1994. The production facility of Azna & Azna Ltd., is located in Harinaghat Chandpur on the banks of the river Meghna. The plant is designed to have 60,000 MT production capacity per annum. Strategically located in the centre of Bangladesh, which gives the project the advantage to bring in the LPG at low transport cost to the site and there after cater to nationwide distribution network, taking advantage of riverine communication. This also allows to target the lesser focused districts of Barishal division.
Problems to solve
- Bangladesh is very dependent on traditional sources of energy (e.g. Fossil Fuels and Firewood).
- Natural Gas reserves are depleting due to high rate of consumption.
- Natural Gas pipelines do not reach all over Bangladesh.
- Growing requirements in households and industries are causing an exponential increase in demand that is not being met.
- Primary source of energy for the majority of Bangladesh’s household needs, come from kerosene, wood, jute stick, jute stick charcoal and dried cow dung to name a few.
- Existing traditional fuels such as the ones named above have high negative environmental impact and are hazardous to health.
- Inadequate supply of fuel for industry is an impediment for economic growth.
- LPG will provide an alternative that is cleaner, more efficient and safer source of energy to replace these traditional fuels.
- In view of depleting natural gas reserves the only solution to replace natural gas is LPG and LNG (Imported) in the long run.
- LPG is easy to transport to the hinter lands of Bangladesh that do not have access to Natural Gas pipelines.
- The unmet demand which is increasing exponentially can only be met by LPG in both household and industries.
- LPG is the only solution which can meet the requirements of households in Bangladesh.
- LPG will provide a cleaner and more efficient alternative to the primary sources of energy currently available.
For the industrial sector, LPG can solve the fuel crises for generators, ovens and boilers etc.